Presenting a dream combination of exceptionally nutritious ingredients: chickpeas and chocolate.
I Love Me Café ®
- 1 ¼ cup canned organic low sodium chickpeas in water, rinsed well
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup +2 tablespoons of any kind of nut butter, such as peanut butter, cashew butter, or almond butter.
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- A pinch of salt
- ½ cup bittersweet chocolate chips (75% Cacao or more)
Chocolate Chip Chickpea Cookies
Makes 24 Cookies
Serving Size: 2 Cookies
1. Preheat oven to 350°
2. Wash and dry the chickpeas well to remove salt
3. Place all ingredients in the food processor, except for the chocolate chips, and mix well
4. Fold in the chocolate chips into the batter so that they are evenly mixed
5. Scoop the mixture one teaspoon at a time on to a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes
Chef Angela: My kids love these cookies and so do I. They are packed with protein, and the chocolate chips provide all the sweetening needed. Choose chocolate chips with a maximum amount of cacao content and a minimum amount of sugar.
Debbie’s Nutrition Notes:Here is a combination of exceptionally nutritious ingredients: chickpeas and chocolate! The chickpeas are rich in protein, iron, and fiber. The benefits of cacao’s powerful antioxidants (called flavonoids) include helping to lower cholesterol and improving insulin sensitivity.