A fast and simple treat. Tofu
is an excellent source of
protein, and chocolate is rich
in antioxidant compounds.
I Love Me Café ™
- 1 12-ounce package of organic silken tofu
- 1 3.5 oz. chocolate bar with high cacao content, 75% or more
Tofu Chocolate Pudding
Makes 6 servings of one half cup each
1. Break up chocolate bar into small pieces
2. Place the chocolate pieces in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 1 to 1 ½ minutes, or melt the chocolate in a double brolier
3. In a blender, place the tofu and melted chocolate and blend well
4. Divide into 6 serving bowls and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to set the pudding
Chef Angela: This recipe always gets rave reviews from my
kids, and I feel even better knowing that it’s taking the place of empty dessert calories.
Debbie’s Nutritional Notes: I love the simplicity of this dessert. Tofu is an excellent source of vegetable protein, without cholesterol, and is a versatile ingredient for a wide variety of dishes.