Tofu has a neutral flavor
and the cucumber and
parsley shine through.
I Love Me Café ®
Photo Credit: CIA/Ben Fink
- 1 pound soft, silken tofu
- ¼ cup nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 bunch parsley leaves (about 2oz)
- 1 bunch mint leaves (about 2oz)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 cucumbers, peeled, seeded and diced (about 2 cups)
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 ¼ teaspoons kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Silken Tofu and Cucumber Dip
MAKES 12 SERVINGS
If you have never had tofu before, this recipe is a great way to start experiencing the protein-rich goodness of soy foods. Silken tofu performs like yogurt but is not as tart. For the best results, be sure to select silken tofu designed for making smoothies.
1. Purée the tofu, yogurt, parsley, mint, and green onions in a blender or food processor until smooth. Fold in the cucumbers and tomatoes.
2. Season with the lemon juice, salt, pepper, and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Drizzle the dip with the remaining olive oil before serving.
Chef’s Note Serve with celery, bell pepper, and carrot sticks.
Nutritional Information Per Tablespoon: Calories 56, Protein 3g, Carbohydrates 4g, Fiber 1g, Total Fat 3.5 g, Saturated Fat 0.5 g,
Sodium 125 mg