This recipe is from The Culinary
Institute of America’s The Diabetes-
Friendly Kitchen cookbook
(2012, John Wiley & Sons, Inc.)
I Love Me Café ®
- ¼ teaspoon arrowroot or cornstarch
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- ½ teaspoon agave syrup
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon minced cilantro
MAKES 1 CUP
This vinaigrette is one of the favorites at The Culinary Institute of America and it’s easy to see why. The classic combination of lime and cilantro will add a bright, fresh flavor to any dish. It can be used in any salad or even with cooked vegetables.
1. Whisk the arrowroot with about 2 tablespoons of the broth to form a smooth paste.
2. In a small pot, bring the remaining broth to a boil and stir in the arrowroot paste. Return the mixture to a boil and stir constantly until the broth has thickened.
3. Remove the pot from the heat. Stir in the lime juice and agave syrup and cool completely.
4. Gradually whisk in the sesame and peanut oils. Season with the salt and add the cilantro.
Nutritional Information Per Tablespoon Serving: Calories 32, Protein 0g,
Carbohydrates 0.5g, Fiber 0g, Total Fat 3.5 g, Saturated Fat 0.5 g,
Sodium 40 mg